Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Snowed-In?

It's crazy that I haven't updated this entire semester. It's even crazier that I tried so hard so live up to that last post, but found it, quite frankly, impossible. I just don't have the strength and will power. Ironically enough, it's like the equivalent of a cigarette smoking habit. It's so bad for me, but it feels so good that I don't even care. And I'm addicted.

However, London, you will be my Nicorette gum; you will be my patch. I will get rid of this. I will beat it. And I will live a better life.

That being said, this has been the oddest semester. I've been sick for most of it. I've seen my friends a lot less than I would've liked. I took an easier course load that ended up stressing me out just as much. I got more involved in some things and less involved in others. I felt more tension in relationships this semester than ever before, and I'm thankful for that. Tense relationships do nothing but make you more thankful for the ones that come so easily. The ones that make you truly happy.

And although I would've done a million things differently than I did, I'm glad that I had a relatively chill semester and am looking forward to not being in Syracuse for awhile. The truth is, I miss it when I'm away, but with all the sickness and the recent deluge of snow that we received, I'm just ready to be somewhere else. I'm excited to be back in the city next summer, so I'm hoping that happens. If it doesn't -- no, there is no "if," it'll happen. I've got far more confidence in that this year.

I'm hoping that next semester is a little jumpstart of creativity. Quite frankly my writing has been a little stifled, a change of pace would be wonderful. I miss being able to just sit down and write. I'm hoping a whole new world will inspire a little spark of greatness. Philosophical, eh?

Live high, live mighty, live righteously, always takin' it easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment